ERP and Ecommerce integration
An ERP is a game changer for all types of businesses regardless of the size and scale. A ERP system in the retail domain needs to be integrated with e-commerce channels in real time to stay relevant. ERP and ecommerce integration is the need of the hour for all online retailers.
In 2014, online commercial transactions were more than USD $ 300 billion. Sales of online retailers grew at a rate of over 15% every year for five years before 2014. The trend continues till today.
Key issues due to lack of integration between the ERP and the ecommerce solution
The key issues created due to the lack of real time ERP and ecommerce integration are:
- Inaccurate inventory data: A lack of real-time integration leads to inaccurate inventory data being displayed online. Customers place orders for items that are not in stock, which may not be honored. This results in lost customers.
- Inability to handle growing order volumes: The turnaround time it takes to import orders from the web to ERP system is a major constraint. It tends to be error-prone with the manual element involved. It can lead to issues of customer satisfaction and order fulfillment. As number of orders increase, so does the quantum of manual effort required in standalone solutions.
- Increased operational cost and decreased efficiency: A lot of firms without real time integration have to add more labor for this work to address manual transfers of data. The operational delays due to data syncing is also another issue.
- Data errors are costly: Manual errors are costly. Sometimes, the data not translated correctly between solutions, where the formats between systems differ.
- Creation of information silos: Firms need timely, complete, and accurate information in their ERP system as it is critically important to make better decisions. Without the complete data sets being completely accurate, businesses don’t have the right analytics for accurate reporting. Manual integration is only partial integration.
Why choose an integrated solution
With automated integration of ERP and ecommerce, most businesses will be able to improve turnaround time, effort, and cost burdens related to order fulfillment. This leads to fewer missed shipments, returns, cancellations and more honored sales commitments. This, at the end of the day, is why a firm is in business.
A model with multiple standalone systems has a higher cost burden in terms of effort and process times and a greater possibility for error. A disgruntled customer will tell ten more and amplify the damage to a large extent on social media. The damage done to the brand may take quite a while to repair and it may happen again.
Sales data and tracking information is automatically communicated between systems. This feature avoids manual practices like data entry of sales orders into an ERP, updating product information in Excel and then uploading to the web store. Manual inventory reconciliation is a major problem that may cause a disconnect between sales orders and actual inventory stock.
Why VersAccounts for Retail
We at Versaccounts have created a secure cloud based one stop comprehensive ERP solution that is e-commerce and mobility ready. The VersAccounts Small Business Cloud ERP system is accessible anytime, and on any mobile smart device. The VersAccounts ERP has capability for real time ERP and Ecommerce integration. It provides support for e-Commerce and Multi-Channel Retail. Our ERP features includes integration with 3rd party e-commerce platforms as well as POS systems. It has the ability to remotely manage Master Data on multiple e-commerce and POS systems.
VersAccounts for Small Business
Our solution is capable, affordable and easy to use by small and mid-sized businesses.
With the Versaccounts ERP solution, you can have enterprise wide capability with high functionality that is easy to use and affordable. There are customization options with easy migration from and compatibility with respect to other systems preexisting or in the business environment.
The VersAccounts Cloud ERP system allows businesses to automate and optimize their operations across multiple companies, countries, and currencies with one integrated ERP system.
We will help you in a structured manner to migrate your data seamlessly from Epicor, Infor, QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics, MYOB, Sage, SAP Business One etc.
To know more, please visit www.versaccounts.com or contact us directly.
We’d love to hear from you.
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About ERP and E-commerce Integration by Adam Bluemner