Moving to the Cloud in the Right Way
Moving to the cloud is not as onerous a task as you think. It is far easier than a legacy on premise ERP system and with lower costs.
When you are considering changing your ERP system, it is important to choose the right deployment model. The prime consideration needs to be whether the ERP system has the functionality, capability and cost imperatives that you need.
Should you consider moving to the cloud?
As per Mr Robert Baran, Founder & President-PositiveVision, here are the questions you should ask if you are evaluating decision for the type of ERP deployment model:
• Do you have the IT staff and technology systems to support an ERP in-house?
• Have multiple locations that need access to the ERP?
• Do you need to install the ERP system quickly?
• Have the capital to invest upfront or would you prefer to incur these costs as an operating expense?
Why the Cloud ERP
An Aberdeen Group study, “SaaS and Cloud ERP Observations: Is Cloud ERP Right for You?” identified the following as the top reasons why business enterprises move to a cloud ERP:
- Need to lower IT costs (35%)
- Need to collaborate between different work locations (over 30%)
- Integrating a growing global workforce working in multiple time zones (24%)
- Cost of capital funding required for other relevant solutions is too high (24%)
- Outdated technology infrastructure (22%)
Best practices of moving to the cloud
Here are some best practices for implementing cloud applications:
- Implement your new ERP in one function first and then use the experience to roll it out to the entire organization.
- Don’t break up ERP modules among different deployment models as this will make operating between different deployment models a nightmare.
- Standardize data management and operational policies with standard operating procedures (SOPs) across your business systems so that there is no ambiguity.
- Leverage the advantage of standard business process models: Modify your business processes to take advantage of standard business process models that are present in cloud software.
- Keep a focus on accuracy: Make sure you port data accurately to the new system and check and recheck the accuracy of data retrieval, analytics and reporting.
- Use all relevant customization, support and security options:Your ERP vendor should be capable of providing the support and security that you require
- Set up communication & access protocol and assign responsibility: Establish effective channels of communication for problem identification and resolution
- Invest in training time to increase user comfort as a part of the implementation
- Do dummy runs before going live
- Build awareness in users about how to tackle disasters and security contingencies
- Be comfortable in using the analytics and reports feature to optimize processes and operation
- Establish data backup procedure and protocol amongst users
As per Gartner: ‘By 2018, at least 30% of even service centric companies will move the majority of their ERP applications to the cloud’. Thus we can see that the adoption rage of cloud ERP’s is growing not just in manufacturing companies where it is fast becoming the business mantra for performance, growth and success.
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
We at VersAccounts have created a secure cloud based multi award winning comprehensive ERP solution that is e-commerce and mobility ready. The VersAccounts Small Business Cloud ERP system is accessible anytime, and on any smart mobile device.
It has been created to take care of all the business needs and concerns for operating your business effectively. It is being used by clients in diverse verticals and could help you redefine the way you operate and grow your business.
Our solution is designed for fast growing businesses, between $1-$50M in annual revenue, looking to upgrade business management solutions.
The VersAccounts Cloud ERP system allows businesses to automate and optimize their operations across multiple companies, countries, and currencies with one integrated ERP system.
We will help you in a structured manner to migrate your data seamlessly from Epicor, Infor, QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics, MYOB, Sage, SAP Business One etc when you make the decision.